[NTLK] White BL problems

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 10:53:30 EDT

Hi all,
I got a white BL foil from Beeingseen.com including a bit of copper adhesive
tape and two transverters. I started to experiment with the kit but run
relatively quickly into problems. The instructions recommend to glue the
wire directly onto the contact area, which is on each of the sides of the
large foil, using the copper tape. I did so but I got the isolator somehow
punctured by the wire strands and the high voltage discharging thru the hole
and not arriving at the foil. Now I fear to mount a white BL into the Newton
which is prone to shortcut the BL voltage and might kill the Newton BL
drive. Does anyone have a recommendable solution to this? I'm looking for a
sort of permanent connection of the wire to the conductive layer of the BL
foil, a conductive glue or epoxy or any other solution. Soldering is no
option :-(

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG