Re: [NTLK] trotter

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu May 23 2002 - 12:00:37 EDT

Well, it doesn't help when someone's mail reader adds
those extraneous characters (3D) If you look at the
"code=3DGC75" part of the URL, the "3D" part is NOT
part of the code item.
Honestly, there is absolutly nothing wrong with the
way that the site is created. The page its self is
dynamic! It doesn't exist until you call the code from
the database. Then it creates the page on the fly.
The big problem here is weird characters because
someone is using a mailreader that does weird things,
not because of the scripting/dynamic page issue.
So, if you want to see these two pages, click on one
of these:
http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=GC75
http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=D211

btw, this has nothing to do with someone "reinventing
the internet" It's someone's mailreader trying to
reinvent the way mail is interpreted!
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain still not stable)

--- richard_at_cyberphotographer.com wrote:

> > >http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=3DGC75)
>
> >triband/HSCSD/GPRS...Nokia D211 GPRS and WLAN
> PCCard
> >http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=3DD211
>
> The people at expansys who chose to use .asp on
> their server also
> chose to make their URL system dynamic so you can't
> send people the
> URL of a particular page. Someone beginning with M
> is uninventing the
> www before our very eyes. I embrace the way ahead!

=====
Roll that beautiful bean footage!
- Jay Bush (Bush's Baked Beans)