Re: [NTLK] Wavelan Beta Works!

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri May 24 2002 - 11:52:21 EDT

On 24/05/02 11:34, "richard_at_cyberphotographer.com"
<richard_at_cyberphotographer.com> wrote:

> Maybe I missed the posts about this but I have worked out how to get
> the Orinoco Silver working. You must install BOTH the alpha AND the
> beta drivers. This is not clear on Hiroshi's site. I have put up a
> few details about how I got this to work here:
> http://cyberphotographer.com/orinoco-newton/

Richard,

If you set up your base station with the network name "Newton" and selected
channel 11, then you don't need the beta driver. That's how the last alpha
driver was working. In your case, I'm pretty sure that the alpha driver is
taking over. Now, if you can change the channel or the network name with the
beta driver and it still works, I would like to know more about your setup.

-Laurent.