[NTLK] OS 1.x questions

From: Frank Gruendel (Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de)
Date: Mon May 27 2002 - 18:52:56 EDT

Hi all,

I have started to work on BattLog again. This is going to be pretty much a
complete
rewrite because a) I've learned a lot since I started and b) I have decided
to make it
work on *all* Newton / eMate models and not on OS2.x models only.
Here's a question for the programmers among you. Is there a way to get at
information
under os 1.x that the global function BatteryStatus(0) provides on OS 2.x
machines?
I am aware of the BatteryLevel(0) function which provides a value for the
remaining
capacity, but I'd think there should be at least a bit more available like
battery voltage,
ac adapter installed / not installed, type of battery installed etc.
I have the Newton Programmer's Guide (Alpha Draft 1.1 October 8, 1993) which
is
the only documentation I have on os 1.x only devices, this document does
only address
the BatteryLevel() function. Is there some further docs I might have a look
at?
Please cc to frank_gruendel_at_t-online.de

Thanks, as usual

Frank

Newton hardware and software at http://www.pda-soft.de