Re: [NTLK] OT Firewire connection

From: Humphreys, David (URB) (david.humphreys_at_honeywell.com)
Date: Tue May 28 2002 - 16:07:13 EDT

> I'm not sure whether target disk mode will work between different
> platforms, i.e. iMac and PC. For networking Mac and PC via
> FireWire you
> need some third-party software -- visit
> http://www.unibrain.com (there's
> a time-limited demo available, if I remember correctly).
>
> - Michael
>

> Michael J. Hussmann
>
> E-mail: michael_at_michael-hussmann.de
> WWW: http://michael-hussmann.de

Yeah! I got this. When I bought the PC card I got a cable and the
software. I got it loaded. I have also got a demo of 'Dave'.

Its not a question of hardware or software as I believe I have
all that. I am just not set up correctly and my unfamiliarity
with the iMAC has me struggling to find all the appropriate
controls.

So, to reiterate, my setup is as follows:

PC running XP with a Firewire PCI card.

connected to:

iMAC running OS X and the unibrain driver and Dave from Thursby
software demo.

I just want to know what steps I need to take in order to get
a local network between these two machines.

I can also bridge the Firewire with Ethernet so that my other
4 PC's can play... but that's another day!

All I am looking for is for some kind soul who knows all about
this stuff to say:

1. Do this.

2. Then do this.

3. Then do this.