Re: [NTLK] MP 130 Backlight

From: James Mackey (mackeyj24_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Wed May 29 2002 - 02:14:22 EDT

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you got moisture between
the layers of the backlight material, causing it to short out. Did you
recently wash the screen? In the Humphreys web site, he mentions the need to
seal the freshly-cut edge of the replacement backlight material with clear
nail polish, I presume to prevent such a problem from occurring.

JM

>From: Diana Oakley >Reply-To: newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net >To:
newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net >Subject: [NTLK] MP 130 Backlight >Date: Tue, 28
May 2002 20:32:26 -0700 >>>When I turned on my MP 130 yesterday the
backlightcame on, lit up for a >few seconds, flickered on and off a few
timesand then blinked off. I >tried holding the switch down to turn it on
again, but the light did not >turn on. There was a slip that said the
batterywas low. I turned off >the Newt and plugged in the adapter. The
backlight still did not come on. >>Then a black shadowy mist started
creepingdiagonally from the lower >left corner of the screen - whether the
adapter was plugged in or not. >It splayed out for about 1/2 inch. The back
light was not on, could not >be turned on, but I can see the screen and
adjust the contrast and read >any application that was on, slips, or
whatever. I could see the screen >pulse - I don't know how to describe it
technically - but I could see >the electricity running through the display
inpulses. >>After a reset, the screen stopped pulsing and after the battery
was >recharged, the black mist seems to have stopped whether the Newt is
>plugged in or not. >>Is this a backlight blowout or a sign of more ominous
things to come? >>TIA, >>Diana >-- >If you're not living on the edge, you're
taking up space. >>- - Joe Dunwoodie >>>-- >Read the List FAQ/Etiquette:
http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html >Read the Newton FAQ:
http://www.guns-media.com/mirrors/newton/faq/ >This is the NewtonTalk

Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: Click Here[1]

--- Links ---
   1 'http://g.msn.com/1HM305401/45'