[NTLK] little more on OMP

From: Ticknor (tick0001_at_algonquincollege.com)
Date: Wed May 29 2002 - 02:40:00 EDT

Thanks to all who offered to help me out with my missing OMP
accessories. Extra big thanks to Peter Cameron [a SONUG brother] for his
contribution.

So i've been exploring the newt and perusing the various old-school
FAQ's. i have a question about the system version:

My Newt says "1.00" in the prefs roll.
To quote the amug 'nwtfaq':

<<Quote:

*** ROM: 1.00 (released 1 Aug 93 approx)
- 1.01: Fixed incompatibility with Getting Started Card.
- 1.02: Fixed lots of other bugs.
I believe that all the MessagePads shipped at MacWorld Boston had 1.02
(in
other words, they started there).

EndQuote>>

Does this mean the 1.00 version is at all unusual? I don't think i want
to patch the OS if the 1.00 version is at all 'special', assuming the
system updates are permanent a la NOS 2.0 machines [unless bugs drive me
crazy].

sante, gang!
>>scotty t

p.s: does anyone need an old power adaptor? I have the 7W H1300 model
that i won't be needing. I guess off-list would be apropos.