Re: [NTLK] re- QTake, was --where have all the good newts gone?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu May 30 2002 - 10:43:51 EDT

On 30/05/02 10:10, "L vRooy" <ara_at_dwaf.pwv.gov.za> wrote:

> Chris Searles wrote:
> --Hey, I bought a QucikTake 100 off of ebay for posting pictures to the web
> --and although not perfect they're not all that bad. (Especially when you
> --don't have enough money for a good digital camera.) I even had a couple
> --of the pictures printed out as 3x5s and both me and the guy at the camera
> --store were surprised how nice they turned out for a 640x320 resolution.
>
> Any idea what the QTake 200's resolution was? I have a chance to buy one.

From <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=20985>, it seems that
it's still limited to 640 x 480.

-Laurent.

Gang of Four n.: (also abbreviated `GOF') [prob. a play on the `Gang Of
Four' who briefly ran Communist China after the death of Mao T'se Tung]
Describes either the authors or the book "Design Patterns: Elements of
Reusable Object-Oriented Software" published in 1995 by Addison-Wesley (ISBN
0-201-63361-2). The authors forming the Gang Of Four are Erich Gamma,
Richard Helm, Ralph Johnson and John Vlissides. They are also sometimes
referred to as `Gamma et. al.' The authors state at
http://www.hillside.net/patterns/DPBook/GOF.html "Why are we ... called
this? Who knows. Somehow the name just stuck." The term is also used to
describe any of the design patterns that are used in the book, referring to
the patterns within it as `Gang Of Four Patterns.'