Re: [NTLK] OT- re- QTake200

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu May 30 2002 - 17:02:29 EDT

Back in the day, there were two dominant types of
Integrated cirtuitry. One was CMOS and the other was
TTL. It stands for Transister to Transister Logic. (as
opposed to CMOS which stands for Complementary
Metal-Oxide Semiconductor) These two types of Logic
circuits are differentiated mainly by their voltage
constraints. TTL, as a rule, requires no less than 5
volts. CMOS can operate in as low as 2.2 volts
(although perhaps even lower, it's been a while since
I studied my electronic circuitry...I'm sure that
there is someone on this list who would give a
correction if needed)
I remember many times when i couldn't find a TTL IC, I
substituted a similar CMOS...the critical part though
is CMOS is delicate to static discharge! So, you don't
want to be handling the chips unless you are proplerly
grounded.
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Seth Hurwitz <shurwit1_at_jhmi.edu> wrote:

> >The older cameras use TTL circuitry.
>
> Ed, I'm afraid to ask, but what is TTL circuitry? I
> found a bunch of
> stuff that discusses TTL but no clear definitions.
> Thanks.

=====
Roll that beautiful bean footage!
- Jay Bush (Bush's Baked Beans)