Re: [NTLK] Syncing Palm Desktop to Claris Organizer?

From: richard_at_cyberphotographer.com
Date: Fri May 31 2002 - 07:25:39 EDT

> >I'm not surprised, since PD is the upgrade... so I guess I have to
>figure out why CO
> >--> Newton is failing me. Sigh.

>I have a vague memory of being able to change the type/data codes on
>Palm Desktop user file and getting it to open in CO - but it was so
>long ago I might be imaginging it!
>
>Also, PD tends to keep the active user file in a locked/open state
>even when the app itself is not running - try saving a copy of the
>file (I think that is a menu option) and opening that in CO (after
>changing the TC codes).

I vaguely recall this too. I think the PD extensions grab a hold of
the active PD file so that Palm synching can take place as soon as
you hit the hotsync button on the palm dock. You might want to try to
disable that extension if you don't use palm synching too much. I
thought you could still synch manually. Try option dragging the PD
file to make a copy. Also check to see if PD can save as an older
version of the PD format. You could even try downgrading to an older
version of PD. You might also try starting with a CO file and see if
PD will use that without changing it into a PD file. I know I did
this but I just can't quite remember how, but keep trying becuase it
did work and was very useful.