Re: [NTLK] [OT] Airport Security craziness

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Fri May 31 2002 - 20:59:16 EDT

> Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 20:46:02 -0500
> From: Scott Rogers <str1_at_swbell.net>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] [OT] Airport Security craziness
>

>> Has anyone travelled recently with their Newt? Any tips? I'm flying in a
>> few weeks and debating whether I should take my Newton, for her safety
>> and mine. ;)
>
> I flew recently from Tulsa to St. Louis and back with my newton, a
> digital camera, my cell phone, and an mp3 player in my backpack. No
> problems. I always make sure to tell the security folks that I have a
> bag full of electronics.
>
> Cheers
> Scott

Gotcha beat. Flew from RI to CA today with Newton, HandSpring, Cassiopeia,
digital camera, iBook and mini-DV camcorder! Took the laptop out dutifully
and put it on the belt separately. Security drone gave a puzzled look at the
X-ray scope, and passed the bag thru.

I have had times where I'm singled out for the "non-profilic random
screening" where there's usually a comment like "you travel with a lot of
stuff".