[NTLK] Weird Printing Problem-Help!

From: Bungalow930_at_aol.com
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 12:26:14 EST

My recently-purchased 2000 is acting weirdly. I tried to print on an HP 2100M using IrDa (yes, I did read the previously-posted thread about this---apparently it's possible) and it initially connects, starts beaming---then locks up---it will blink for over 2, 3 minutes and not print, which seems way too long on a 1-card file.

When I hit "cancel", the printer prints basically half of the file I ordered printed, and then, the Newton freezes up. When I try to turn it off it says, "Are you sure you want to power down while printing?" and crashes. I have to eject the batteries to get it to come back to life.

What worries me is this is what it does when I try and swap files with my Powerbook G3 Bronze using DIL tester.

Is there something wrong w/ the hardware? Or is this a software issue? I haven't yet received my dongle in the mail, so maybe I don't have everything installed.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html