Re: [NTLK] styluses

From: Katarina Gubler (bubbles9413_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 16:45:34 EST

This HAS to be said.....you are SO poetic!!

Kat-

 Doug Parker <dougparker_at_progressdata.com> wrote:
My 2100 stylus and my OMP100 stylus have noticeably different feels when
used on my 2100. Writing with the 100 stylus is like writing on ice--it
glides almost quietly, punctuated by the tap of plastic on glass while I
print, while the 2100 stylus is like writing on high-quality paper--there's
slightly more friction and more resistance apparent with the 2100 stylus,
and the 2100 stylus also makes more hissing from its tip as I write and
sketch.

The hissing is more noticeable in the highly used center areas of the screen
than on the more pristine surrounding areas. I'm sure this is due to normal
wear.

But there's still a big difference between the two models. Where the 2100
hisses in the center of the screen, the 100 is as quiet as a green blade of
grass.

The 1/4", 8mm, 2100 tip can be unscrewed. The 100 tip can be pressed out by
unscrewing the barrel and pressing it out of its confines with an OMP100 tip
extraction tool--a straightened out paperclip.

What about replacement tips? Not likely, but wouldn't it be nice? What about
pirating tips from other makes to work on my trusty Newt? The major concern
would be top softness and potential damage to the screen.

I don't remember seeing any of this in the FAQ. Am I wrong, or am I just
mistaken?

Please--no threads on styluses vs. stylii! Redirect it to dev/null! ;-)

Doug Parker
Orlando, FL

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html