Re: [NTLK] Shipping Rant

From: Katarina Gubler (bubbles9413_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 17:02:33 EST

Just my opinion-if it matters....

Ever try asking them to refund some of your shipping cost if it didn't cost that much to ship?

-RANT-

I really get fed up with people who complain to others-not saying this is the case here with you Paul-and they don't complain to the person(s) they are actually mad at. In other words-we can't do anything here to help you, but you may want to check with the people you bought from and see if they don't mind refunding some of your shipping since it didn't cost them that much to send it. AND~ I find it hard to believe that anyone would purposely not fill in paperwork to make your life harder. If you want, just my opinion-again,-may be worth squat- let them know so that they can fix it! If they don't know, then they can't fix it. Now if they do know and they still don't do it...well that's another story.

-END OF RANT-

Anyhow, I would go to whomever you are upset with and try and work it out before posting mean things.

ONE MORE RANT-

I am in the business world, unfortunately, but I am. To say this: So, be aware that IMHO GEM is out for profit not service. seems pretty strange to me since they are a business-and not a NON-PROFIT organization. I have had NOTHING but WONDERFUL service from them and I will continue to buy from them!

END OF 2ND RANT-

 Ever notice you only hear the bad things about a company and never the good things. Maybe we shold all practice letting others know the good experiences we have had with companies. If I had come to this list before I bought my Newton-I wouldn't have purchased one at all from all the negative things I hear about all these companies! But that's just my opinion~~

KAT-
 Paul Vaughan <paulsvaughan_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote:
--- "Jeffrey M. Swiger" wrote: >

> Almost seems they sell for a few dollars less, but
> make the money up in
> the shipping costs.. I just used the Buy-Now option
> on a Notebook
> Dock and the Shipping for Priority is $8.00, This is
> just about right,
> if you figure the cost of a good box, Tape,
> Packaging material...
> But I also see $25.00 shipping for something like a
> Newton Size..
> Guess, you have to check the whole page, or E-Mail
> prior to the Bid?.
> Sell cheap, but Ship at $49.95.....
>
> Jeff

I bought my first 2000U from GEM (Robin Brown is the
boss I understand) and it cost me US$50 to ship to
Australia.

I then bought a second 2000U from Phillydiscounters
and the shipping cost was $35. Plus, the unit from
Philly was in much better condition than the one from
GEM, even though it was almost 1/3 of the price.

As well, GEM did not complete the customs form so I
had to make a long trip to the international mail
centre in Sydney to clear customs. It only required a
dollar value to be entered on the form, but they
didn't do it!

So, be aware that IMHO GEM is out for profit not
service. As an example of this, when I spoke to them
they told me they do not accept PayPal, and I should
use BidPay. Is this because PayPal charges the
RECIPIENT of the money, i.e. GEM, so they want buyers
to use BidPay which charges the SENDER of the money?

Paul

http://uk.my.yahoo.com

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html