Re: [NTLK] ROBIN BROWN - Shipping Rant

From: Katarina Gubler (bubbles9413_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 17:21:49 EST

What does it matter if you are still getting a good deal? I know a couple sellers on eBay that sell clothing and they start the bid very low, but make the shipping higher than normal so that eBay doesn't steal all of their money-I actually think it is pretty smart and let's face who likes making these companies like eBay and Microsoft any richer than they already are?
Kat-
 "Jeffrey M. Swiger" <n8noe_at_comcast.net> wrote:

Almost seems they sell for a few dollars less, but make the money up in
the shipping costs.. I just used the Buy-Now option on a Notebook
Dock and the Shipping for Priority is $8.00, This is just about right,
if you figure the cost of a good box, Tape, Packaging material...
But I also see $25.00 shipping for something like a Newton Size..
Guess, you have to check the whole page, or E-Mail prior to the Bid?.
Sell cheap, but Ship at $49.95.....

Jeff