[NTLK] Re - OS 2 ROM

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 17:27:15 EST

>I've been looking through the newtontalk archives trying to find info
> on an NOS2.0 upgrade >for the 120 but haven't been successful.

Original 2.0 ROM's are nearly impossible to find these days. But you
could buy a dead 130 and use its ROM, it is practically identical. I've
done this several times, and the only difference I found is that the 120
would claim to be a 130 from then on.
A dead 130 shouldn't be too difficult to find, these things die like flies.

Replacing the ROM is very easy. About two minutes if you know how
to do it, about five minutes if you don't.

Go to http://www.pda-soft.de/120_disassemble.html and scroll to the third
picture from the top,or click here to get the image directly:

http://www.pda-soft.de/120_disassembly01.jpg

The rectangular thing below the red rectangle B is the ROM board. Just
rip out the old one and plug in the new one.

I really like your email address!

Frank

-- Newton Hardware and Software at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html