Re: [NTLK] Post IRDA transfer, 2100 acting strange

From: Jeff Abbott (jabbott_at_ninewire.net)
Date: Sat Nov 02 2002 - 11:08:30 EST

> From: Laurent Daudelin <laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net>
>> on 02/11/02 01:16, Jeff Abbott at jabbott_at_ninewire.net wrote:
>> I tap on Dock to end the IRDA connection and that's when things got weird.
>> Basically, the screen on my Newton is not responding to taps--rather, it is
>> simply marking dots/lines (like I was in Notes or a drawing program). The

>> I no longer have a Newton, I have an Etch-a-Sketch. Have I destroyed my
>> Newton, just as I get it set to accept new packages?

> Huh, did you try to do a soft reset? If not, I'm afraid you will have to do
> a hard reset, but I don't think you did damage anything permanently...

Hi Laurent:

Yes, the soft reset worked (I of course thought of this exactly five seconds
after sending my email), and I've used the IRDA connection again with no odd
behavior. Still don't know what happened and my Newt's never shown this
behavior before. But now that I can install new packages on my 2100, I feel
like a kid in a candy store. :-)

Thanks,
Jeff

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html