Re: [NTLK] touch-screen inaccuracy

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sun Nov 03 2002 - 20:41:37 EST

on 03/11/02 19:51, good-dog_at_northshore.net at good-dog_at_northshore.net wrote:

> Folks;
>
> Same 2100 as in the post RESET BOMB, but with a different difficulty.
>
> Difficulty is that the stylus touches one place and seems to be read in
> a slightly different place, like slightly to the right. In the
> keyboard, for instance, I'll press an "a", but it'll actually be
> pressing the "s".

Try aligning the pen again. Go to Prefs->Handwriting Recognition. Tap the
"Align Pen" button on the lower left side of the dialog and follow
instructions.

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>

casting the runes n.: What a guru does when you ask him or her to run a particular program and type at it because it never works for anyone else; esp. used when nobody can ever see what the guru is doing different from what J. Random Luser does. Compare incantation, runes, examining the entrails; also see the AI koan about Tom Knight in "Some AI Koans" (Appendix A).