Re: [NTLK] Tragedy Struck....

From: eroadies_at_mindspring.com
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 13:30:01 EST

Stephanie,

This happened exactly to me a few months ago.
I used one of three utilities, but I can not remember which one.

- Emergency pkg within the SBM Utilities
- Setautodock by Paul Guyot
- Another emergency utility found on the Newton Does It! site (Dettmer)

I think it was the SBM package that did it for me. Check them out on the web
and maybe you can load the pkg via your emate.

Hope that helps some.

Larry Chan
Pasadena CA

===
Nov. 5th will go down as a dark day around these parts as my beloved
MP2100 has had it's screen smashed. I did a back-up a few days ago, but
there is subsequent info I really want to get out of it.

I remember once upon a time hearing of a package you could load onto a
card, then insert the card into the damaged newton and it would
automatically backup? Is that true?

It's still working, except the touch-screen. The screen itself is still
readable, I just can't get tell it anything, and it gets me all choked
up every time I try. :-(

-Stephanie

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html