Re: [NTLK] Bye bye jaggies! - for now...

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_jameswhale.com)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 14:52:47 EST

Back in July, IMNewtMan_at_aol.com posted the following:

>I have a MP2100 that I carry around everyday but don't do much text entry
>via HWR because of the nasty case of jaggies it has. Functions great
>otherwise. With all the talk about fixing the jaggies, I dismantled to
>Newt and cleaned the screen and the inside of the case really well - that
>didn't work. So I went out to Radio Shock and picked up one of their Edge
>Connector Cleaner/Protector pens. I cleaned the heck out of the little
>flexable display cable and the contacts on the mobo - jaggies gone! Thanks
>to those that posted this info! I probably would have written this Newt
>off but it is working prefectly now. Hope it lasts! ;-)

ImNewtMan, are you still out there? Is your MP2100 still jaggie-free?

My previously jaggie-free MP2100 just started exhibiting the dreaded
jaggies in the lower-right corner. I'm thinking about trying out the
cleaning the connector routine (I tried that once before, on a different
Newton, and it didn't help) but was curious if your newt is still okay 4
months after cleaning the mobo-screen connector?

If this doesn't work I'm thinking about trying Calvin Grier's
backlight/touchscreen replacement or giving Apple repair a try.

I HATE JAGGIES!!!!!!!

-Jeremy

--
Jeremy Bond Shepherd
jbond_at_jameswhale.com

Americans practice different faiths in churches, synagogues, mosques and temples. And many good people practice no faith at all. - George W. Bush, finally gets it right in his Easter Address of 2002 My PGP key is available on public keyservers.