Re: [NTLK] Tragedy Struck! And it broke the screen.

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 22:02:50 EST

on 05/11/02 20:19, Stephanie Maks at newton_at_maksystems.com wrote:

> Thanks again to everyone for the help and suggestions! Things are happier
> again here in Stephanie's world.
>
> Data Rescue got me that one...last....backup... then I was able to restore
> onto my backup MP2000. However, It wasn't accellerated, didn't have a
> flashy light, and had the latest system patch, so I wasn't happy.
>
> After a 2-hour proceedure, I was able to get the screen assembly out of the
> MP2000 and install it into the MP2100. I kept the backlight EL panel from
> the broken screen, as it was brighter than the intact screen. Now, I have
> my beloved MP2100 back and working again. And my backup MP2000 is now a
> 'for parts' MP2000. It still functions fully, but now it's got the busted
> screen.
>
> So....anybody got a spare protective screen door for sale?
>
> Thanks again for the help!
>
> -Stephanie
>
> p.s. Not only was my data intact and all, but even after being taken apart
> and all, without power for the whole 2-hour process, when I finaly put the
> battery back in, the date was still set and the time was only off by 30
> minutes. I really, really love Newton.

Wow! Way to go, Stephanie! I'm not sure I would have been able to do as well
in such a short period of time!

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>

gib /jib/: 1. vi. To destroy utterly. Like frag, but much more violent and final. "There's no trace left. You definitely gibbed that bug". 2. n. Remnants after total obliteration. Originated first by id software in the game Quake. It's short for giblets (thus pronounced "jib"), and referred to the bloody remains of slain opponents. Eventually the word was verbed, and leaked into general usage afterward.