[NTLK] "restore" old stuff to a new (different) Newton?

From: Jon Kinney (madsk8er_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 13:50:43 EST

Ok so here's the story, I'm getting a brand spanking new (used...lol) Newton
2100 original from J&K Sales, for $150...not bad! includes screen cover and
original stylus etc. Well I have spend the last week since I got my current
upgraded 2000(scratched screen was reason for upgrade, and didn't have
titanium stylus or screen cover either) Loading and testing countless
packages from unna.org, among other various sites. I am booting into OS
9.2.2 (on a separate HD from OS X.2) and using NCU via apple talk with
Ethernet. It works great! But I don't want to have to load all those things
individually again...can I do a backup of my current Newton and "restore" it
to my new one that I'll have Saturday? Please let me know if any of this is
possible.

I know I'll need the drivers for the PCMCIA Ethernet (currently on my 2000u)
for it to work with NCU via AppleTalk...so can I beam the drivers over...and
which ones specifically would I need. Thanks,

PS if you're wondering I first used a PC with some adaptors to connect the
Newton to NCU (PC) via serial. I installed and configured my Ethernet card,
and NIE at that time. Is NIE necessary for AppleTalk via NCU?

Thanks a lot!

Jon

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html