Re: [NTLK] Curious

From: Scott Roy Atwood (atwood_at_cs.stanford.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 13:25:20 EST

I carry my Newton everywhere with me in an Eagle Creek Sidekick. The
Sidekick can either be carried as a fannypack or a with a shoulder
strap, and I always use the shoulder strap. In addition to my Newton, I
also carry a bunch of other generally useful stuff, like a wallet, pens,
sunglasses, kleenex, mints, etc.

-Scott

* Russell Martin <abecedarian_at_mac.com> [021107 04:35]:
> I hate to admit it, but I'm back to using my Palm Vx and I've all but
> shelved my 2100. The biggest reason is that I'm completely PDA
> dependent, I can't stand to not have it with me, and the Palm's size is
> better. The 2nd biggest reason is that the screen on the Newton sucks
> compared to the Palm's. I really wish there were some way to have the
> Newton OS on a Palm sized/screened device.
>
> Anyway, when I did try and take my Newton everywhere with me, I carried
> it in a satchel with a shoulder strap. It always got in the way, and I
> hate to admit it, but I felt self conscious with it on all the time.
>
> So now that I've given up on carrying the Newton, I was wondering how
> many of you carry the Newton with you practically everywhere, and if
> so, what do you carry it in? Also, for those of you who don't carry it
> everywhere, where do you take it and what do you transport it in?
> Russ Martin
> abecedarian_at_mac.com
> russell_martin_at_yahoo.com
>
> "Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there
> be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of
> blind-folded fear."
> Thomas Jefferson (1743–1826), U.S. president. Letter, 10 Aug. 1787.
> --
> List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html

Scott Atwood
atwood_at_cs.stanford.edu
PGP key fingerprint:  2852 FAE0 B0BB FE52 7002  1019 4D48 78B3 6FF0 A89F
     "The Palm is the right size when you're *not* using it,
      but the Newton is the right size when you *are*."