[NTLK] Newtsync...how to do anything! tcp/ip mainly

From: Jon Kinney (madsk8er_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Nov 08 2002 - 02:54:52 EST

I recently downloaded the new version and am trying to sync via tcp/ip (I
don't have my serial adaptor yet) and I don't know how to do it...it seems
there is no faq nor a users manual or readme for this prog, so I turn to
you! Do I specify the same IP address for the mac and newt? Which to
initiate first...i tried both ways to no avail, except sometimes the newt
"thought" it was "connected" to the desktop, but the desktop didn't seem to
think so. What am I doing wrong?

On a side note, I feel foolish, I've been booting into OS 9.2.2 on my
firewire drive to do stuff with NCU because I need to use appletalk with
ethertalk and I thought only booting to OS9 would do that but you can USE
NCU THROUGH CLASSIC WITH APPLETALK! I just didn't know if everyone knew
that. I still think It's the best backup prog, and install prog for that
matter, until newten is finished and supports ethertalk and IrDA
(hopefully)!

Thanks,

Jon
Jonathan Kinney