Re: [NTLK] Generic AC adapter

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Nov 08 2002 - 03:50:31 EST

John Acuff <jacuff1_at_earthlink.net> wrote:

> On Thursday, November 7, 2002, at 06:57 PM, im-wired_at_attbi.com wrote:
>
>> Greetings from Oregon!

(*snip*)

> I use an old Radio Shack adapter that i had laying in my pile of
> "wall-warts". 7.5 VDC @ 700ma, tip +, sleeve-. I did have to change
the
> plug to one that matches the Newt (2100).
> Been using it for a couple weeks now with no problems.

(*snip*)

I've also been using a RadioShack adapter (meant as a replacement for
the adapter for a digital camera) with no problems -- at least, on my
eMate and 2100.

BUT .... just in case, I installed Newt's Battery on both of my Newts
... keeps track of battery temperature, chargeing current, etc. ...
but its indicator says my newt is 10% charged, and when I unplug the
charger, it shows full.

Perhaps I need another battery monitor ....

(*snip*)

--gdw

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html