Re: [NTLK] OT Rapure WAS Re:Was it something I said

From: David Golden (ikondave599_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Nov 08 2002 - 14:14:19 EST

Rappie Pie is made from grated potato that is squeezed/ pressed dry.
The potato is then mixed with chicken broth and butter with
(traditionally) either chicken or the large clams called grosses
coques. Sometimes it is prepared with beef or very rarely with turkey.
It is baked until the top forms a dark crust. As I wrote before, the
stuff looks like hell, but oh my God, it's delicious! The people of the
Maritimes enjoy their rappie year round. Our family makes a point to
have rappie at least twice a week during our summers in Nova Scotia.
Really, I suppose you might as well inject lard directly into your
arteries, but it's worth it.

Dave

Dave

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html