Re: [NTLK] 5 MHz crystal and SRAM Card switch?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 08 2002 - 14:43:02 EST

Well, let's put it this way. I performed this
"upgrade" the day after I got my 2nd 2100 for $160.
This was back in December or November of last year.
I've been running NPDS on the machine ever since. It
has no switch so it is always at the higher speed. It
performs flawlessly.
As to my main newt, it can be switched and I haven't
noticed anything weird about it either. I rarely
switch it to a slower speed (only when I meet other
Newts, and that doesn't happen too often)
Honestly...when I upgraded from a 120 to my 2000, I
wondered how I could have ever used the 120. Now I
upgraded the speed of my 2000UMP and wonder how I ever
used the newt at the slower speed. I wish I could get
it to go faster! I need V8 power!
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- David Orriss Jr <dave_at_davenet.net> wrote:

> On Thursday, November 07, 2002 3:28 PM,
> Jon Kinney <madsk8er_at_mac.com> wrote:
>
> > Does anyone Know where to get the 5 MHz crystal to
> accelerate the newt? I
> > tried to get one from radio shack today but it is
> discontinued. ALSO, I
> need
> > to find a tiny switch to use with this install...I
> does anyone have a non
> > functional SRAM PCMCIA card with one of those 3
> position switches they
> would
> > want to sell me cheap? Or know where I can get
> one? Thanks,
> >
> > Jon
>
> Is this approach as safe and as effective as the
> Newton Implant 2000?
>

> --
> David Orriss Jr.
> dave_at_davenet.net
> http://www.davenet.net
> http://www.codeskanks.com

=====
Why is that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life
in the universe are pointed away from Earth?
     --Anonymous