Re: [NTLK] [OT?] USB-serial adapter for X/Cl/9

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Nov 08 2002 - 21:03:48 EST

John Anderson <dearjohn_at_everchanging.com> wrote:

> Keyspan's dual serial USB adapters are by far the best ones. They
have
> great Mac OS X and Mac OS 9 support.
>
> John Anderson
> everchanging
>

> On Friday, November 8, 2002, at 12:55 AM, Paul Guyot wrote:
>
>> Which USB/Serial adapter would you suggest that works with MacOS X,
>> Classic and MacOS?

I've only used Keyspan's USB adapters, so I can't say anything about
the Belkin ones ... but I do have a tip or two ....

First, try online sources (eBay, half.com, dealmac.com) to see if you
can get it for < $40. I got one for $15, but I think that's a rare
thing.

Next, once you have it, just plug the adapter in, without installing
the software on the CD. This way, your Mac should go out and get the
latest version of the software for you.

Good lucke ....

--gdw

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html