[NTLK] WaveLan and EnRoute, a match made in heaven

From: Steven Dockery (sdockery_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Nov 08 2002 - 09:47:23 EST

Greetings, fellow Newtoneers! I'm writing this message on my Newton 2100.
I've never done that before and it's the WareLan driver that's made it
possible.

I just got a hold of a Lucent WaveLan Silver Card, so I installed the
driver and now I'm connected to the Airport Base Station on my wall. I also
got my Newt to connect wirelessly with NCU running in Classic mode. Haven't
tried NewtSync wirelessly yet...

My only probem is this: I have to use the earthlink SMTP server to send the
message, even though I'm using a .Mac address. .Mac uses authentication for
its SMTP Server (which I think is an excellent idea) how ever 1 I can't
figure out how to Set up SMTP authentication in EnRoute.

Any way, it works great from here at home, but if I try to send mail from
any place else, earthlink's SMTP Server won't allow it. Does anyone know
how to set up SMTP authentication in a Newton mail program?

I just sent Hiroshi his $10. My Newt just became 100% more useful now that
I can connect to my network wirelessly.

Steve Dockery

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html