Re: [NTLK] Sync via TCP/IP?

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_comcast.net)
Date: Sat Nov 09 2002 - 07:44:41 EST

Laurent Daudelin" <laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com> wrote:

>I don't know how you can resolve this. It seems like an unsolvable puzzle.
>You will have to whether:
>
>-get a dongle
>-get a new router supporting AppleTalk
>-a new computer supporting OS X

How about, he gets an ethernet card ($8 www.computer-show.com), installs
the driver via IrDA, then hooks the Mac and the Newton together with a
crossover ethernet cable. Or thru a little 10bT hub and no crossover
cable, you can get those old hubs for maybe $10 now. Either of these
methods will allow Appletalk over ethernet.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html