Re: [NTLK] Wireless LAN Card for 2100

From: David Schultz Jr (dvsjr_at_attbi.com)
Date: Sun Nov 10 2002 - 00:32:22 EST

at one point, Joseph Solin at jsolin_at_interserv.com typed out:

>=20
> I'd like to buy a wireless network card (802.11b) for my Newton 2100.
> What is the best card to buy (lowest power draw and most compatible
> with available drivers)?
>=20
> Thanks,
>=20
> Joe Solin
>=20

I too would like to know.

For the past couple of days Ive been reading FAQ's and searching the web.
I've found a list of compatible cards online, however the data looks a bit
older. Before I outfit myself with parts I would really like hearing from
someone who has purchased a card and is using it, specifically a card that
is also mac compatible (I see farallon mentioned, as well as orinoko
silver?) so I could use it in a Macintosh Powerbook 1400c.

Second request, I have banged my head against the wall for a while looking
for NPDS 2.02 (or newer?) but the itools account site it was hosted on is i=
no longer up. Any pointers to the files?

Last, as a fervent new owner (who just recently purchased a 2100) I'd love
links to hardware vendors other than ebay. Batteries, essentials, software,
gadgets, must haves. All input appreciated.

DVS

--
www.twomacguys.com

''' c-OO \ - =20 =83