[NTLK] WTB: Newton 2100MP Kit

From: b e n w e l l s | headwerkx (headwerkx_at_iprimus.com.au)
Date: Sun Nov 10 2002 - 08:26:20 EST

Hi there,

I've just joined the list and have enjoyed reading the messages so far,
including the epic "Steve Jobs: Idiot or Not?" thread. Personally, while I'm
thankful he brought the company back from the brink, he and Apple on the
whole need to wisen up a bit about the current market realities to prevent
everything going bellyup again.

Anyway, enough sitting on the fence. I need a Newton 2100MP. I want one bad
and after wasting 3 months chasing some fool on eBay after the one I won,
I've come to the realisation I'm going to have begin searching again.

I'm after a 2100 in good condition (doesn't have to be mint, but not
hammered either) with the screen cover intact, and with the battery cage OR
a working NiCad pack. Also need an AC adaptor too, plus a stylus (prefer the
Ti one) and connectivity cables to connect it too a Mac.

Highly desirable is an ethernet PC card, more so than a modem, as my entire
house is wired for ethernet and checking email and surfing the web on the
couch with a Newt' would be far too cool. If anyone has one of these for
sale separately I'd also be interested to hear from you.

Stuff like leather cases, modems, a keyboard, software and other accessories
are also desirable.

I have cash waiting and am happy to bank transfer or PayPal (or whatever
you'd prefer) to the seller.

I am located in Australia; it is a Newton no-man's land with narely a Newton
to be seen (any Aussie listers please prove me otherwise). I've been
searching for a Newton for 4 months - please put me out of my misery. Reply
off list.

Kind Regards,
Ben Wells.

Melbourne, Australia.