[NTLK] OT: 'Switch' commercials are fake? (was: Jobs is an idiot)

From: Steve Payonzeck (stevepayo_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Nov 10 2002 - 17:19:04 EST

Somebody said : "Like all those Apple switch
commercials are real? uh-huh...the girl who saved
christmas with iphoto...unless she celebrates
christmas during the epiphany (somewhere in
february)...iphoto wasn't offered last christmas!"

**FLAME ON**

Uhhh...yeah, that's right, iPhoto wasn't offered at
Christmas 2001. But Image Capture, which automatically
imports photos from digital cameras on both OSX and
OS9 was. So she could have saved Christmas just fine.

But then I guess the mindset of most Wintel/Linux
users wouldn't allow them to accept the fact that
anything said about any OS could possibly be TRUE.

It's like Gates insulting the Newton - the Newton was
not designed to be a 'Tablet PC' - it was designed to
be, and was called a 'PDA.' But hey, Apple is a
convenient target. It's easy to bash the minority -
look at US (and world) history.

The fact is that most people PC users who actually SEE
and USE a Mac tend to say stuff like "I didn't know it
could do...' or 'I always thought...'

The problem with Macs is because they were simple to
use from their introduction, people have assumed that
they are for idiots who can't figure out how to muck
with DIL's and Config.SYS and crap like that. But we
could all do that - Apple made it so we wouldn't have
to.

As Tim O'Reilly has said, OSX is for Alpha geeks and
home users alike. You want your 'I Feel Powerful'
command line? You got it. You want 'Set It and Forget
It?' You got it.

Don't get me wrong - Apple shoulders the blame for
much of its problems. But I own stock in the company.
If I didn't think they could save my Christmas, I'd
have sold it long ago.

**Flame off**