Re: [NTLK] 130 Turns Off

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sun Nov 10 2002 - 17:35:03 EST

>> Or, you could send it (the Newton, not the
>> frustration) my way, and I could
>> put a 120 mainboard into it. You'd lose the backlight, but
>> you'd win a reliable Newton.

> But I want the backlight and the heap that a 130 provides. So how do I
> fix this problem? Or isn't it fixable?

My offer still stands. If someone shows me a reproducible way of how to
fix this, or if someone sends me a decent detailed service manual or
schematic diagram so that I can figure one out myself, two kilograms of
the best German chocolate I can
get my hands on will be on their way to you the next morning.
I *do* have Apple's MP 130 Service Source pdf, but this basically
tells you no more than how to disassemble the 130. I can do this
blindfolded and with one hand tied behind my back by now.
This problem is definitely fixable, because Dr. Newton explicitly
states it as one of the things he can fix on his site.

Frank

-- Newton hardware and software at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html