[NTLK] Help: 60037 error - partial wireless connection?!

From: Stephen Goodman (omnius_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 13:17:18 EST

Hi everyone!

I installed the NIE packages and the wireless driver for my Lucent Gold
card on my Newton 2100. I am attempting to connect to a Belkin Base
station directly.
I've followed all the instructions I can find on the net to get things
working, with mixed results. When I boot NewtScape, a connection slip
appears, I select my Wireless Setup (infrastructure mode, etc) and it
connects. I know it is connected to my base station because I can ping
this address (Newton is 192.168.2.35) with my iBook, but not other
addresses around it.
Plus, the lights are activated and the Newton says it has a connection.

However, I cannot actually browse the internet or really do anything.
Any ideas? Any experience in this?

When I attempt to go to a site or get my mail or anything, I get a
-60037 error.
Looking on the internet I get the suggestion this is a "network
inactive" error, but even the newton doesn't think this is the case,
just my apps.

Please help me!

Thanks

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html