Re: [NTLK] Win2k and Newton - revisited...

From: Morgan Nichol (newton_at_the-monkey.net)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 16:27:48 EST

On 11 Nov 2002 at 11:48, David Orriss Jr wrote:

> OK, so I have the slowdown program and I'm using NCU and trying to do
> a backup of my internal store. Alas, no joy. During the backup of
> the Notes portion the Newton and NCU lose connection.
>
> I have a PIII 750. What settings should I use on slowdown - and what
> do the two sliders mean?

I set speed all the way over on the right, and reaction about 80%
over. Works on my AMD 1600.

Exactly what each does I'm not sure, 'reaction' makes everything
jumpy (and pushes my CPU usage up to around 60%), I haven't noticed
any difference with the 'speed' setting, and it doesn't appear to
have any effect on my CPU Usage meter. I only run it when I use NCU,
so I haven't noticed if it makes other things (photoshop, etc)
perceptibly slower.

If it still doesn't do the trick, you could try running a couple of
instances of the program.

Regards,
             Morgan

--
Morgan Nichol      -      morgan_at_quirk.co.nz
09 3073 678         -      021 159 0736