Re: [NTLK] NewtsCape Was: Web Broswers

From: Blair Rosser (newton_at_7thfloormedia.com)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 12:47:59 EST

>From the sounds of what you've written and the author's own pages on
> NewtsCape, it seems like this conversion process between getting an HTML
> page and turning it into a NewtonBook isn't short. How long does
> it take to do a page?

Once you've got the cache loaded up with pages, you select them all, and
tell NewtsCape to process them to ... Networks.

The processing time equals the time to render the html, plus conversion to
styled text, plus the time to create a new page in Newtworks and dump the
styled text into it... a few seconds.

But, each page is processed as part of the batch - I just set it and forget
about it. Then, go into Newtworks to read the pages when the conversion is
complete.

On braver days {and when I'm really wanting to get to the reading} I can
actually delete the pages I don't want from Newtworks while NewtsCape is
processing in the background (which is a bit like trying to pull a case of
beer off a fast moving assembly line).

cheers,
blair

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html