Re: [NTLK] Links wanted for repair

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 19:31:50 EST

> I have a Newton MP 100 that isnt running.

Have you tried what I describe at

http://www.pda-soft.de.130_disassemble.html ?

This is for a 130, but the same applies to the
earlier models. Especially the OMP / MP100 can be
steered into a coma it is very difficult to get out of
if you are working with the wrong adapter or partially
discharged batteries when resetting.
On a MP100 you must remove the battery pack first
and then press the lever at the top left of the battery
compartment (that is normally pressed by the pack)
upwards by hand to move the orange switch to release
the backup battery.
If all this doesn't work and you aren't afraid of sending
it to Germany, I can have a look free of charge.

As to official repair links, I think for a MP100 you won't
find any.

Frank

-- Newton hardware and software at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html