Re: [NTLK] OT Should I migrate to OSX.2?

From: Michael Mays (chaosmonk_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 01:23:18 EST

OS 10.2 was the biggest hyped-up ripoff I ever spent $70 on.

I got it, expecting that it would be wonderfully easy to plug my Mac into=
 the Windows network I have here at home, and that I could start sharing=
 files right away like I could with Windows XP.

I was wrong. You have to create a user account, and it only shows up in=
 the Windows network system some of the time. Although Apple is the only=
 one on either side making the effort to link the two systems together, and=
 for that they deserve kudos, they needed to not hype this up so much,=
 because it was a huge disappointment to realize it wasn't as advertised.

Although 10.2 did wonders for the snappiness of the system (the=
 overly-graphics-intensive GUI is now much speedier on the 700MHz G3 in my=
 iBook), that was about all the $70 I paid did for me. I don't care about=
 the new Sherlock; it's useless to me. Nor do I care about the other=
 programs they have advertised. I was hoping for two things to make my=
 money worth it. Better performance (Apple somewhat delivered), and the=
 promised easy Windows networking (Apple failed). I guess I'll wait for=
 the next free update.

Mike