Re: [NTLK] Looking for a Cover for 2100

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 05:03:00 EST

Ray Kloss <raykloss_at_mac.com> wrote:

> I just bought a 2100 through eBay. Looks great, but has no cover
(and,
> of course, a clip is missing from the back). I was looking to find a
cover,
> or maybe just a protective sheet. Looked on ebay, and mostly got
hits for
> album covers for Wayne Newton. Might try one of these as a last
resort...

Ah, eBay searches.

You have to actually filter your search to get the best results. If
you click the Search button on top of the page, you will get a form to
fill out. For this search, I used 'apple newton cover' as a search
title, clicked the checkbox to search titles and descriptions, and in
the 'words to exclude' list, I entered 'manual manuals wayne olivia
ebay automobile ibm toshiba hitachi compaq dell'.

The "manual(s) is to remove all those offers for CDs full of Apple
technical manuals (I already have one).

The 'Olivia' and 'Wayne' filters are obvious ... :o)

The 'eBay' filter gets rid of all those "I'm Leaving eBay!!" CD offers.

The 'Automobile' filter gets rid of all those strange hits for a
Mercedes when you're looking for a dongle.

Finally, the computer manufacturers are there to filter any listings
for those computers (if you're looking for an Apple PowerBook, chances
are good you don't want a Dell, Compaq, Toshiba, IBM or Hitachi
laptop, right?).

Anyway, if you don't want to go through all of that, copy this and
paste it into the basic search window:

apple newton cove
r -(manual,manuals,olivia,wayne,ebay,automobile,IBM,toshiba,hitachi,co
mpaq,dell)

... but, having said all that, I didn't find any covers -- at least,
not for the 2100.

Good luck ....

--gdw

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html