Re: [NTLK] Mapping software for Newton - with Australian Maps?

From: b e n w e l l s|headwerkx (headwerkx_at_iprimus.com.au)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 09:06:20 EST

> Have you tried GPSMap? http://www.segelflug.de/gps/GPS_Map.html
>
> I've not tried it myself but it may do the trick.

That seems like just the ticket, especially if I've read correctly that you
can add actual long/lat. markers on your custom maps so it syncs to your
position. A mate and I are planning an offroad biking trip into the
Australian Outbank in a year or two, having the Newton suitably racked on my
'bars ticking away with our exact position in the middle of the desert would
be tres cool.

Incidently, where on earth do you get suitable GPS units? Anyone got any
experiences?

Cheers, Ben.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html