Re: [NTLK] lew to list-new newt

From: Martin Joseph (marty_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 13:49:54 EST

On Wednesday, November 13, 2002, at 10:28 AM, David Getzin wrote:

> Hi all-
>
> I just got a 2100 it the mail- it seems to be stripped fo the cool
> default software-
It's all available at unna.

http://www.unna.org/

> also- the NiMH is dead as a doornail. is it possible to hack a AA
> solution from the NiMH tray?- or do I dave to buy one?
I think it's best to refurbish the one you have to rechargeable again.
> I have herad tht
> one can put rechargables in the AA tray and they will recarge- is this
> true for alkaline rechargables and regular rechacgeables?
Not really, check out the FAQ for lots more battery info. Personally I
don't think the alkalines are suitable.

http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html

> -I have a 32 Mg flash, and a hayes optima 336 modem card-
> I would like to get and use a WiFi(80211b) card.
>
> so-suggestions-advice- ? What drivers do I need-(modem and WiFi)
Modem drivers are built in, WIFI drivers are available. I can't find
the link at this second...
> Can i
> transfer data to an ibook (OS X 10.2.2) with the modem?-- Today I am
> going to try to find a flash card reader so I can ferry data.
Ferry data? I don't think that's going to work unless I misunderstand
you. Newton Cards have newton format only....

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html