Re: [NTLK] OT: NOT! Proof Jobs isn't an idiot (was: Proof Jobs is an idiot)

From: Lou Forlini (lforlini_at_sspi-software.com)
Date: Thu Nov 14 2002 - 12:15:20 EST

At 11:21 AM -0500 11/14/02, Sunder wrote:
>On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, Lou Forlini wrote:
>> Now there you go again. It is so completely laughable that you
>> claim to use Windows and not ever to have had any of the problems
>> those users in the Switch ads talk about. Imagine that, Ed has never
>> seen a Windows BSOD, or had a peripheral that wouldn't work right
>> under Windows. Well sir, that either means you have never actually
>> turned your Windows machine *on*, or you are a liar.
>
>Flaming Ed is just a sign that you foolishly have drank the Koolaid from
>Job's cup extended to you in little customer sound bites. Yes, I've loved
>Apple for many years now despite the warts. Hell, I even had the 1984
>commercial as my answering machine message in the past. But a commercial
>is just that. Apple is not a temple, Mac OS is not a religion, and Jobs
>is neither Satan nor Jesus.
[snip]
>The only thing you're showing is narrow mindedness and lack of
>flexibility.

Mr. Sunder:

    Unfortunately, about the only thing you are showing is your lack
of ability to read for content. Read my post again, I said
absolutely *nothing* about stability, usability, or anything else
regarding Mac OS. My observation was solely that Ed's Windows claims
and his resulting characterization of switchers as "idiots" were
ludicrous.

    I've been in the computer software business for over 25 years, and
programmed professionally on 10 or 15 platforms in as many languages.
You can double that if you add "hobby" programming. Hardly as
narrow-minded and inflexible as you attempt to label me. Strangely
enough, I am pretty much in agreement with you on the rest of your
post.

    Regards,

    - Lou Forlini
      Software Engineer