Re: [NTLK] Ethernet(Wavelan) and Skyline driver incompatibility

From: Hagen (Hagen.Lang_at_t-online.de)
Date: Thu Nov 14 2002 - 18:47:20 EST

At least I can guarantee that the farallon 589something ethernet pc card
driver and the farallon skyline 11 mb wireless pc card driver are incom-
patible. You can not switch them, using the ethernet pc card driver does not
allow the insertion of the skyline card unless you do a reinstall of the
skyline software. After you installed the skyline software your ethernet
pc card is not recognised any more. You have to (?-what-?, yesss)
reinstall the ethernet pc card driver to use the ethernet card again, which
of course leaves your wireless skyline unrecognised. A pretty poor
performance regarding the two cards are from the same manufacturer.
Farallon is defunct now, so you have nobody to complain to.
I am talking about Mac OS 9 and a powerbook here.

Regards

Hagen

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html