Re: [NTLK] PrintPack via Ethernet

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 08:49:54 EST

on 15/11/02 08:34, Polenta Marco at Marco.Polenta_at_eurac.edu wrote:

> I'd like to print with my MP2100 on a HP Laserjet via LAN, but my Newt =
> won't recognize it on the network, even with the PrintPack installed. =
> Does a solution exist?

The only way your Newton would see it is if the printer would support
AppleTalk and would advertise itself as a postscript printer. I imagine that
AppleTalk is not active on the printer. Maybe if you mention the printer's
model, we could be of more help...

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>

"Heuristics are bug ridden by definition. If they didn't have bugs, then they'd be algorithms."