Re: [NTLK] Newton Book Reader Question

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 08:54:52 EST

on 15/11/02 08:45, Joseph Solin at jsolin_at_interserv.com wrote:

> I'd like to have the Newton Book Reader in my 2100 resize its display
> so it fills my screen. When I select preferences from the reader it
> displays the available resolutions (there is only one). Is there an
> extension available that adds a full screen resolution?

That's because of a flaw in the book reader: it cannot dynamically adapt for
a different screen size than the one that it was originally developed for.
There is I think an alternative that would do that called PaperBack, but
PaperBack cannot opened the regular Newton books, the book needs to be in
the format that PaperBack can understand. So, the only way you can use your
full screen to read a book is finding a book that was initially created for
your screen.

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>

bytesexual /bi:t`sek'shu-*l/ adj.: [rare] Said of hardware, denotes willingness to compute or pass data in either big-endian or little-endian format (depending, presumably, on a mode bit somewhere). See also NUXI problem.