Re: [NTLK] PrintPack via Ethernet

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 10:20:06 EST

How do you print then from your Macs?
Of course on the Mac you have the ability to print to an IP-address
directly.
I did this first in the network here, which connects about 300 machines,
until I discovered that I can activate the AppleTalk interface on the
printer and all of the sudden I could see the printer from the Mac as well
as from the Newt.
I am not sure if routers will stop AppleTalk over Ethernet packages. In fact
they should be treated similar as any other TCP/IP package.
The most difficult part for me was to find out which one of the printers
displayed in my list was the one on my floor (10 printers of the same type
which have exactly the same name in the AppleTalk) ;-))

Cheers
Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html