Re: [NTLK] NIMH batteries...

From: RADAR9999_at_aol.com
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 13:20:37 EST

In a message dated 11/15/02 7:25:42 AM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net writes:

<< From: "Johannes Wolf" <mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl>
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] Re - How long do NiMH's last
>Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 08:11:42 +0100

>And if you purchase a NiMH charger which can charge 4 NiMHs and you buy a
>set of new 2000mAh NiMHs you can even eliminate the need of purchasing new
>AAs every now and then.
>Johannes

You can also try the old put-the-battery-in-the-freezer for 20 mins (DO NOT
FREEZE!) before charging it routine. Charges faster and "MAY" gradually
restore capacity. Battery chargers shut off when charging resistance gets
high enough(due to heat). Chilling (NOT FREEZING) delays this shutoff point
allowing older batteries to regain some lost capacity.
Good Luck.
PS Use an egg timer so as not to forget. Frozen batteries (<32 deg F)may or
may not work after defrosting.
PSS Batteries America (http://www.batteriesamerica.com/) has 2000 mAhr NiMH
AA's for sale at $3.50 US each. Please note that most modern disposable AA's
have roughly 2200 to 2600 mAhr capacities and cost about $1.00 each at
grocer. Yes you can get them cheaper, but you still have to throw them away.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html