[NTLK] Custom QFWorks functions?

From: Aaron Jon Reichow (reichowa_at_tcfreenet.org)
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 18:33:50 EST

Hello!

I somewhat know how to code for the Newton, but most of my experience is
with Smalltalk. NewtonScript and consequently the NewtonOS being such
dynamic and extensible systems, I was wondering something...

Is it possible to modify an app for which you haven't the source on the
Newton, using ViewFrame or the likes? Specifically, I'd like to modify
QuickFigure Works, adding functions to the spreadsheet. I already know
about the "FUNC(X) <body>" function, but I would like to define custom
functions for the spreadsheet in NewtonScript, expanding the spreadsheet
to be kind of a grid-based development environment. It would be great to
have the full power of the NS system in such an environment.

Is this possible or just a pipe dream?

Regards,
Aaron

Aaron Reichow :: Twin Ports ACM VP :: http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
"The profit system follows the path of least resistance and following the
path of least resistance is what makes a river crooked." -U. Utah Phillips

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html