Re: [NTLK] loose flat ribbon cable

From: Daniel Padilla (dproldan_at_telefonica.net)
Date: Sat Nov 16 2002 - 14:02:22 EST

> Hi,
> After changing motherboards in my 2000u, the flat ribbon connecting
the display keeps slipping out,causing vertical lines on the screen. Any
secret to keeping it in place.
> Arne

    Wow, I hope you didn't break the connector. This connector has a white
part that slides and presses the ribbon cable to hold it in place.
  The cable goes over this white part and inside the brown part, IIRC.
Press both sides of the white part when the cable is inside the connector.

Daniel Padilla

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html